If you are a coach or coach educator you receive the benefit of Combined Liability cover and Personal Accident insurance to protect you whilst coaching rowing.

Combined Liability Insurance

The cover provided included Public Liability (cover for injuries to other people and/or damage to their property) and Professional Indemnity (cover for incidents arising from advice you proivde as a coach/coach educator). Cover is worldwide and provided up to a maximum of £10million.
You are covered when coaching at any British Rowing affiliated club, including schools and university clubs, or at a British Rowing recognised competition or activity. 
The policy provides cover for you as an individual, or if you coach as a sole trader under a "trading as" style (e.g. J Smith t/a Elite Coaching). No cover is provided for businesses, so if you've incorporated your coaching business as a limited company or partnership you will need to arrange separate insurance cover for that business. Please contact Howden to discuss your specific needs further. 
The policy covers you to coach within the remit of your coaching qualification. If you don't have British Rowing approved training or a qualification you will still be covered provided you are experienced within the sport and capable of undertaking appropriate risk assessments. You must also ensure that you're up-to-date and familiar with British Rowing coaching practices and policies.

Personal Accident Insurance

Personal Accident insurance provides payments to you if you are under 80 years old and are injured whilst taking part in a recognised activity in a recognised environment anywhere in the world. The cover is 'no fault' which means that, if eligible, you will receive the appropriate payment regardless of the cause of the accident.