As an individually registered member of British Rowing, you are covered whilst participating in rowing by our Combined Liability and Personal Accident cover.
Your cover includes taking part in all club training activities and competing in any club, British Rowing or World Rowing (FISA) approved competition. You are also covered for your own training away from the club, including land training and at overseas training camps. The cover provided includes:
- Combined Liability insurance - covers the cost of defending yourself against a claim if you are responsible for injury to someone else or damage to their property. Cover is worldwide and provided up to a maximum of £10million.
- Personal Accident insurance - provides payments directly to you if you are injured whilst taking part in a recognised rowing activity anywhere in the world, and are under 80 years old. The cover is 'no fault' which means you will receive the appropriate payment regardless of the cause of the accident.
View a summary of your insurance and confirmation of cover here:
Combined Liability Summary of Cover >>>
Personal Accident Summary of Cover >>>
What does this mean for me?
Personal Accident Insurance - For example, if you break your leg whilst rowing you can claim up to £250 as a benefit, or £125 if you break your arm.
Combined Liability - if you collide with someone and cause them injury or damage their boat the policy will defend a claim brought against you and, if the injury/damage is due to your negligence, will pay the appropriate compensation on your behalf.
Why £10m Limit of Cover? - A serious injury can lead to a high level of compensation as the injured person may need long term care for an injury that leads to permanent disability. Examples of where the costs for the £10m Limit of Cover would go:
- Physical injury to third parties caused by your actions.
- Damage to third party property caused by you.
- Legal costs incurred in forming your defence.
- Damages awarded against you following a successful claim by a third party.
The limit for British Rowing members is set at £10m to ensure adequate cover is in place and so you do not need to worry about not having enough protection.